Monday, May 26, 2008

Mama Support Group

A friend brought up this topic about "Mummy Support Group" last week when we are having dinner. I have heard about it from another friend who has migrated to Australia. It's a common thing in western countries but not so for Malaysians. My friend (who was a mother of 2) made a classical comemtn when she first heard this -"Huh!?! support gorup? But I 'm not sick." hahahaa...

Well, this is not for the sick ones but for cool mama like us. The known fact about kids are - they have endless energy and they love to play, all the time! The Mummy Support Group is having a few families forming a support group in babysitting. The family will take turn to host the event and the other families can bring the kids over and have them all play together to pent out all the energy. This give the parents chance to get a day off without worrying baout babysitting.

I think it's a great idea. Well, I gave it a different twist for a start. The Voo's, the Ong's and the Tan's will be getting together, put all the kids in the room to play (with the maid watching them). The cool mamas can sit down and enjoy our cup of tea while catching up with the latest gossips. There will be no cooking and washing for the day. When it's dinner time, the daddies will bring us out for a nice dinner. Sounds good right? Yeah....! I can't wait to have our 1st get together - 7th June 2008.

1 comment:

Black Monet said...

Aiyo!!! You all getting started without the TANs?? Sigh! Next one is at my place ok! ;-)